Learn to make a wicker basket!
This kit teaches how to weave a wickerwork shallow basket in the style of North Americans in the Arizona area.
Traditional weavers make and use this same style basket in weddings and ceremonies throughout the year. It is believed that the ancestral spirit Spider Woman taught people how to weave, and that she weaves the rain clouds that nourish the people's crops. Spider Woman is very important to many cultures in the Southwest.
Prepare to spend some time on this project. It could take more than 8 hours over several days.
- The kit contains fiber rush, hemp twine, raffia, a tapestry needle and color photo instructions
- You will need: scissors, pencil or pen, ruler, white or yellow glue, and patience (several weaving sessions are needed to weave the basket)
- Makes an attractive 7" shallow basket
- Ages 12 and up, adult participation necessary for younger ages
- Made in USA
- Ships in 7-10 days
- Return/refunc within 14 days